What happens on a typical day in the UCLA Library?
One begins to get a picture of the activity from our latest “snapshot” day on June 4th.
- 19,000 people walked through the doors of the libraries and there were 19,500 visits to the Library’s website.
- Visitors to the web site viewed 108,069 pages.
- 6,471 items were checked out of the collections and 462 items were retrieved from the storage facility for use.
- 86 collections held by Library Special Collections were accessed.
- The digital library collections were accessed 2,626 times and 1,584 items were retrieved for use.
- Licensed databases were access 5,580 times and 10,947 items were retrieved for study and research.
- 540 people asked reference questions in person and another 136 questions were answered by telephone, text message, mail, or the web.
- 861 people used a library laptop or computer.
- 804 people used group study or instructional rooms.
It was a busy day, and I can’t help but wonder how many cups of coffee were consumed from Cafe 451.