What is Knovel? Knovel is an ebook collection that provides access to technical information with specialized search tools to provide answers to scientists and engineers.
What is Knovel Data Search? “Data Search allows you to search both numeric and other tabular data contained in Knovel’s interactive graphs, equations, and tables. The searchability of the numeric data includes numeric range searching.” (Knovel website)
These are just some of the examples of data that can be retrieved using the Knovel Data Search:
- Physical and thermophysical properties of mixtures
- Thermophysical, thermodynamic, and transport properties of superheated, saturated and subcooled fluids
- Thermophysical, thermodynamic, and transport properties of refrigerants
- Thermodynamic and transport properties of solutions and miscellaneous solids and liquids
- Properties for safety engineering, including flammability limits, flash point, autoignition temperatures, coefficients of thermal expansion, and coefficient of isothermal compressibility.
- Properties for environmental and green engineering, including solubility in water, Henry’s law constants, Octanol-Water
- Partition Coefficient, bioconcentration factor, and threshold limit value and permissible exposure limit.
Knovel Data Search can be accessed via: http://www.knovel.com/web/portal/fielded_search
For more assistance, visit Knovel’s help section:
If you would like more help with this resource or about research questions in general, please contact a Science and Engineering Librarian.
This post is part of a weekly blog series highlighting technology tips to help you with your research and studies!
Post by Michael Qiu; Image Credit: Knovel