In this joint project with the UCLA Film and Television Archive’s Research and Study Center we are providing access to 11 early short animated films produced between ca. 1900 and 1928. The films are all in the public domain and available through streaming on the site and for download in both MPEG2 and MPEG4 formats. In addition to the original silent film, each film is available with three different soundtracks: a traditional piano accompaniment, an instrumental accompaniment, and a voiceover commentary by the preservationist or the composer. Preservationist’s and historian’s notes are provided for each film, along with an historical overview and a study guide that includes a sample listing of animated films held by the Archive. All notes are available both on the site and for download as PDF files. » Read the rest of this entry «
Where Am I?
You are currently browsing the Video and audio category at UCLA Digital Library Program.
- 1932 Los Angeles Olympics
- Lake Arrowhead in the 1920s – Images of “Hollywood’s Playground” in the Adelbert Bartlett Collection
- Raw foods, raised fists, and children without names
- Shirley Temple Slept Here
- C. C. Pierce, a Pioneer Los Angeles Photographer
- Bartlett Photographs: Southern CA (and Beyond) in the 1920s and 1930s
- Ralph D. Cornell, Landscape Architect: Shaping Emerging Communities in Southern California
- Digital Library Program Update
- The David Livingstone Spectral Imaging Project
- In the News: Hot Enough for You?