Freeway ramps will be closed from Friday, June 22nd until late September:
• Westbound Wilshire Boulevard to Northbound I-405 on-ramp
• Northbound I-405 to Westbound Wilshire Boulevard off-ramp
You will likely see increased congestion when accessing I-405 (even if you don’t use the Wilshire interchange) and throughout the Westwood area for the entire summer. In order to minimize your own stress and travel time, as well as improve the commute for everyone, UCLA Transportation suggests that you try one or a combination of the following:
• Public Transit: Take advantage of the 50% subsidy that UCLA pays for public transit passes. Both LADOT and Metro have bus routes through the Sepulveda Pass with stops at UCLA.
– LADOT Commuter Express – Purchase a 3-month pass, valid for unlimited rides on all LADOT buses from July through September, for as little as $120. You can also ride LADOT occasionally, with fares beginning at $2.50 for a one-way trip between the San Fernando Valley and UCLA. Visit http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1003370 for more details.
– Metro – Purchase a Summer Quarter pass, valid for unlimited rides on all Metro buses for the entire quarter for $112.50 (employee rate) or $54 (student rate). Individual rides cost $1.50. Visit http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1000604 for more details.
• Carpool: Share the ride to UCLA with a friend. You’ll receive a discount on your parking permit, and you’ll be able to split the costs of gas.
• Vanpool: Join a UCLA vanpool permanently or become a part-time vanpooler. Visit http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1001378 for more details.
• Alternative Work Schedules: The fewer commute trips that you have to make, the less time you’ll spend in traffic and the more time you’ll have for other activities. Ask your supervisor if you can work a 9/80 or a 4/10 schedule, or if you can telecommute once or twice per week.
• Change Your Work Hours: If you are able to do so, vary your work hours to avoid peak traffic periods. Someone arriving at work at 6am and leaving at 3pm will encounter less traffic and will spend less time on the road than someone working 8am-5pm.
For the latest information, please visit http://www.beagreencommuter.com/?tag=rampture or http://www.metro.net/projects/I-405/wilshire-bl-ramps-reconstruction/.