Data Wednesdays continue in October with an introduction to REDCap software. It is available to UCLA users through CTSI. You will find this tool particularly useful if you do research with human subjects and/or conduct longitudinal studies.
REDCap makes it easy to:
- create data collection forms
- collect and organize data from surveys
- record the same variables over a period of time (longitudinal studies)
- export data for statistical analysis.
Some of the features that make REDCap special are:
- matrix of fields that allows using the same answer options for more than one question
- branching logic
- automatic edits log.
Taught by Martin Lai, Informatics Core Manager, UCLA Clinical & Translational Research Center and brought to you by Data Wednesdays at the Biomedical Library. Class meets in the UCLA Biomedical Library Classroom (12-077X CHS), October 23rd, 2013, 12-1 p.m. Please RSVP to reserve your space. This workshop is part of the Biomedical Library’s Data Wednesdays series.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
<submitted by Vessela Ensberg>